Governors are appointed by the Board, the make up of which is designed to reflect the right combination of skills, diversity and experience. The appointments standard term is up to four years in the first instance.
The Governors are required to provide the College with corporate leadership within a framework of prudent and effective controls, which enable risk to be assessed and managed.
Objectives of the Board:
- set the College’s strategic aims
- ensure that the necessary financial and human resources are in place for the College to meet its objectives
- review management performance
- set the College’s values and standards
- ensure that the College’s obligations to its stakeholders are understood and met
- provide soundness and independence of judgement in the stewardship of public funds, so that a quality service may be provided and legal statutory duties are discharged
- ensure that arrangements are in place for the appointment of senior post-holders
- provide a framework for pay and conditions of all College staff