The Learning Resource Centre provides flexible learning opportunities within the College.
Practice skills learned in the classroom, with the support of our well-qualified and professional Learning Resource Centre team.
|Monday to Thursday||9am - 7pm|
|Friday||9am - 5pm|
|Out of Term Time (Half term and holidays)|
|Monday to Friday||9am - 5pm|
Notices will be displayed in the Learning Resource Centre advising of any changes to opening times.
Staff are available to support students during their course in the Learning Resource Centres from Monday - Friday, 9am - 5pm
Please note you are required to book training/test times in advance through a member of staff at the Learning Resource Centre.
Free membership to all current College students and staff. Just bring your College/course receipt into the library and complete a library membership form.
• Students and staff can borrow up to 3 items at a time
• All items can be borrowed for up to 2 weeks
• Items may be renewed up to 3 times unless reserved by another user
• You may reserve an item that is on loan to another user
• Overdue items will incur a charge of 10p per item, per day
Members have access to all the materials in the library and to the extensive resources available via the internet. The library stock supports the courses run by the College and covers all the major subject areas.
Course Specific Materials:
Subject based materials include:
• Books and tape/CD sets
Non-Course Specific Materials:
The library also stocks materials that may be of interest to all students:
• Paperback fiction
• Music CDs
• Books on study skills, essay writing and passing exams
• Books and other resources on employment skills
• Intial assessment software
My Learning (formally Moodle) is the College’s online Virtual Learning Environment (VLE) designed to support you with your study. It can be accessed on the internet from anywhere on the College campus computer network, from your home or workplace.
If your course is supported by My Learning it will provide you with essential resources for your course such as handouts, timetables, activities and useful links. Your tutor will let you know if your course is supported by My Learning.
You can also use My Learning to find information on:
• The Information, Advice and Guidance service
• The LRC opening hours and facilities
• Learner handbooks and IT Induction
• Study skills and subject specific resources