Location: Parkshot, Richmond
Price: £646.00 (£0.00 concessionary fee, £1906.00 non-EU)
Start Date: 04/10/2012
It may be possible to join some courses after the start date.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to enquire.
Weekdays/Time: Thu (10:00 to 17:00)
Number of Weeks: 30
Tutor Approval Required? Yes – You will be required to show evidence of relevant skills either by bringing your certificates or doing an initial assessment task. You will also need a successful interview with the tutor before you are accepted on to the course. Please complete the expression of interest form (or our alternative form for learners aged 16-18) and e-mail this to email@example.com. For further information or enquiries please contact 020 8843 7921.
This course offers a range of units including Musical Theatre, devising plays, Scripted Performance, dance and Acting Skills (TBC once term has started).
You will learn how to develop specific acting techniques and explore vocal and movement skills, begin to be able to interpret characters and perform in an acting role. You will also learn how to develop a role through rehearsal, take part in several plays and be given the skills to continue to develop your ability further.
Throughout the course there is huge opportunity to take part in shows and events, with a final performance in the summer term.
This is an examination course, so there is a small amount of written work and homework.
Entry onto the course is a presented 3minute monologue of your choice and a short interview
The course is taught very practically with a large empathise on “doing” and “exploring” for you.
Lessons are taught by a combination of tutors and include workshops, presentations, lectures, group and individual work, debates and discussions.
During the course you are expected to keep a daily learning journal, which will be used when presenting work for assignment.
As this is a practical course you will be required to take part in all practical assignments.
• If you require further course information or advice & guidance that is not answered in this outline, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
There are opportunities to visit theatres and you will be required to have your own monologues.
You can also make an appointment for further information or tutor approval on our Information Days: Info Days
• If you would like general information about the college, for example, fees & finance, funding, term dates or opening times please email email@example.com
or drop in to our main reception area at either site.
If you would like more information on course fees and how to get additional help to pay for them, please click here
Please wear comfortable clothes that enable you to move freely and inhabited.
Every lesson will require a note book and pen.
Please also bring a water
This course will gain you the qualification appropriate to continue to level 3
1. Complete an Application Form, stating your preferred Info Days and send this to firstname.lastname@example.org stating your preferred dates and times within the application..
2. We will confirm your appointment on your chosen day by e-mail or telephone, or if fully booked we will suggest an alternative. If you do not have the required entry qualifications for a course you may be asked to do a short skills check at either of the RACC learning centres prior to your interview.
3. At your interview, please bring any relevant certificates or results of skills checks - if you and the staff member feel the course is right for you, you will received a signed enrolment form which you will need to complete and take to Reception at either Clifden or Parkshot to pay your course fees.
How much homework will I need to do outside of class?”
You are expected to keep a daily learning journal which is a reflection upon your learning and the lessons
“What will happen if I miss a class?
You will be expected to catch up with what you missed in your own time
“When will the exams take place?”
There are no formal exams- however every practical assignment is a requirement to pass the course. There are 5 practical assignments over the year.
“Do I need any special clothing or equipment?”
No, only comfortable loose clothing
“Is there any tutorial support?”
Yes. Tutorials are available throughout the course
You can enrol online, over the phone or in person at either site
IAG - Not sure which course to go for? Find out more about our IAG service