Location: Richmond Business School
Price: £141.00 (£0.00 concessionary fee, £220.00 non-EU)
Start Date: 17/04/2013
It may be possible to join some courses after the start date.
Please email email@example.com to enquire.
Weekdays/Time: Wed (18:30 to 21:00)
Number of Weeks: 8
Tutor Approval Required? No
This course provides a hands-on introduction to some of the key web development tools available today - PHP, MySQL and Apache.
PHP is a programming language, MySQL a database and Apache a web server. Armed with these tools, the website developer is ready to produce effective data-driven sites.
As they are all 'Open Source', all three packages can be downloaded and used free of charge (for personal use).
They can also be deployed on most platforms (Intel, Mac, Unix).
This course will give you a working knowledge of the basics of PHP, integrating a MySQL database into a web site and running the Apache web server
You must be computer literate and familiar with the creation and operation of websites. Some knowledge of databases and a prior knowledge of basic programming would be beneficial.
The course will cover the following topics:
1. Introduction to PHP, MySQL and Apache.
2. Installation and configuration of PHP, MySQL and Apache.
3. Controlling access to web pages using PHP sessions and Apache.
4. The basics of PHP programming (including syntax, variables, loops, arrays, functions, file handling).
5. Creating a MySQL database.
6. Writing PHP code to retrieve/update/insert/delete data from a MySQL database and display the data in web pages.
7. Problem solving.
• If you require further course information or advice & guidance that is not answered in this outline please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
• If you would like general information about the college, for example, fees & finance, funding, term dates or opening times please email email@example.com, telephone 020 8843 7921, or drop in to our main reception area at either site.
If you would like more information on course fees and how to get additional help to pay for them, please click here
Notepad, pen & folder for notes and handouts and a USB memory stick.
You might also consider progression to the webmaster diploma to develop your web deisgn skills or to the Foundation Degree course in IT for E-business at RACC (leading to a full Kingston University degree as a Web Specialist).
For Information on how to enrol please click here
You can enrol online, over the phone or in person at either site
IAG - Not sure which course to go for? Find out more about our IAG service