In addition to a range of courses to suit specific disability groups, the college also provides support for learners on general college courses.
If you have a disability, sensory impairment, mental health or learning difficulty (e.g. dyslexia), we can help with:
• Additional Advice & Guidance
• Individual support in class eg note-taker, reader, signer
• Specialist equipment
• Instruction in the use of specialist equipment
• Learning support workshops
• Additional teaching in English and Maths to help you succeed on your course
• Special examination arrangements
If English is not your first language we can help with:
• The vocabulary of your course
• Listening skills
• Pronunciation and speaking skills
We have 4 short video clips introducing some of the accessible technology available at RACC for learners and staff with disabilities/difficulties on our Virtual Learning Environment (Moodle). Click here to view.
The clips are designed to give you an overview - the staff in the Learning Centres will be happy to demonstrate them more fully on request.
For further information and to check eligibility contact Jenny Lawrence, Additional Learning Support.
If you have any questions about this, or any other additional learning support (ALS) issue, please come along to the ALS Drop-in Advice sessions for learners and staff.
Clifden: Tuesdays, 12.00-13.30 Room G11
Parkshot: Fridays, 09.00-11.00 Room located behind Parkshot Reception
or Tel: 020 8891 5907 ext. 5032